Handbook of Chemistry compiles all the necessary definitions, formulae and key-terms for students of Class XI and Class XII. The book provides clear definitions of concepts and is a convenient source of reference for those students who are preparing to write board exams.
This book is part-of-a-series from Arihant that consists of various compilations dealing with the necessary fundamentals in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It has divided the various formulae and definitions in Chemistry into different topics and placed them under relevant chapters.
Handbook of Chemistry provides all the important reactions, equations and keynotes, which help students to gain a quick understanding of the key-topics necessary to prepare for the exam.
Student can improve their problem-solving skills by understanding the formulae and equations provided. This well-organized compilation ensures that students need not to search for each concept within huge textbooks that cover the syllabus for two years of high school. The first edition of this book was published by Arihant in 2012. It is available in paperback format.
Key Features :
- The book is designed to help students locate any formula, equation or definition they may be looking for in an easy manner.
- It has placed concepts within the right contexts under nested topics.
- This provides a logical review source for students and also allows them to quickly find a key source when they need to look up a concept.
- It is a convenient reference source for students studying for board exams and also for those preparing to write competitive exams like engineering and medical entrances.
Table of Contents
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Clasification of Elements and Periodicity of Properties
- States of Matter
- The Solid State
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Colloidal State
- Principle and processes of Isolation of Elements
- The s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- The d-and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- General Organic Chemistry
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry