Table of Contents
- What is Inorganic Chemistry?
- The Structure of the Atom
- Symmetry and Group Theory
- Ionic Bonding and the Solid State
- The Covalent Bond
- The Structure of Molecules and Stereochemical Nonrigidity
- Chemical Forces
- Acid- Base Chemistry
- Chemistry in Aqueous and Nonaqueous Solvents
- The Chemistry of the Main Group Elements: Periodicity
- The Chemistry of the Main Group Elements: Inorganic Chains, Rings and Cages
- The Chemistry of the main group elements: Halogens and the Noble Gases
- Some Descriptive Chemistry of the Metals
- Coordination Chemistry : Bonding
- Coordination Chemistry: Spectra and Magnetism
- Coordination Chemistry: Structure, Isomerism and Stability
- Coordination Chemistry: Reactions, Kinetic and Mechanisms
- Organometallic Chemistry: Syntheses, Structure and Bonding
- Organometallic Chemistry: Reactivity and Catalysis
- The Inorganic Chemistry of Biological Systems
Salient Features :
- Substantial rearrangement to suit the requirement of the students and teachers of the Indian subcontinent.
- Thorough re-editing and reorganization of the chapters on chemistry of the main group elements, descriptive chemistry of metals, organometallic chemistry, solid-state chemistry, and bioinorganic chemistry.
- Addition of thermodynamic stability of complex compounds, organometallic chemistry of the main group elements, and Frost diagrams.
- A chapter on symmetry comprising applications of symmetry (including spectroscopy and crystallography) and an introduction to point groups.
- Reorganized and updated chapters on bonding, presenting a modern approach.
Publisher Pearson India
Publication Year 2006
Edition 4th Edition
Number of Pages 826 Pages
Search by Location