This book is an adaptation of the classic book Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee (fifth edition) which is widely used by students preparing for JEE. This adapted version provides a more concise treatment of the subject as per JEE syllabus requirements but does not compromise on essentials. The explanation of fundamental concepts is simple and straightforward, offering a right blend of theory and applications. The adaptation has been carried out with the purpose of making the book the best fit for JEE aspirants. The text has been reorganized as per the syllabus flow and three new chapters: Hydrolysis, Metallurgy and Qualitative Salt Analysis have been included in the original chapters to make the coverage complete. Chapters 2 to 5 of the original book have been combined to form consolidated chapter on Chemical Bonding.
- Highlights of this adapted version: Three new chapters: Hydrolysis, Metallurgy and Qualitative Salt Analysis.
- Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the original combined into single chapter on Chemical bonding.
- The s-, p-, d and f- block elements and their compounds covered in single chapter each.
- Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32 of original removed
- Assessment as per JEE comprising all question types
- Single Correct Choice Type Questions (235)
- Multiple Correct Choice Type Questions (133)
- Comprehension Type Questions (167)
- Assertion-Reasoning Type Questions (148)
- Integer Answer Type Questions (109)
- Matrix-Match Type Questions (63)
- Answers for all the problems at the end of chapter, Useful appendices.
- New to this Edition: Chapter 1 & 2 replaced with more relevant and precise chapters: a)Structure of an Atom b)Periodic Table and Periodic Properties c)Solved Chemistry papers for JEE (Main) 2014 and JEE (Advanced) 2013.
Publisher Wiley India Pvt Ltd
Number of Pages 676 Pages